Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Highland LC Web Site
6th Grade Research 101
Anne Frank Extension
Freak the Mighty
Hour of Code
Livermore Outside Reading
Plant & Tree Identification
Westward Expansion (Peeps Project)
Professional Development Sessions
Resources for Teachers
Search for Greek Mythology Resources
This custom search searches all the websites listed below.
Greek Mythology Web Resources
Greek Mythology at MythWeb
- A student-friendly mythology web site that includes a mythology encyclopedia and other resources.
- An Internet encyclopedia of mythology, folklore, and religion. This link will take you to the Greek Mythology section of the resource.
Theoi Project: Greek Mythology and the Ancient Greek Gods
- A comprehnsive guide to gods, creatures, and monsters of Greek Mythology.
- A thinkquest guide created for students by other students about the various Greek Gods.
- A thinkquest resource with gods, villians, heroes, and animals of Greek mythology.
Greek Mythology Gods, Olympians
- A project by J.M. Hunt about the Gods of Olympus.
Greek Mythology, The 12 Gods of Olympus
- A brief overview of the major Greek Gods, heroes, creatures and places.
Mt. Olympus and the Twelve Olympians: Ancient Greek Gods for Kids
History Channel Crash Course on Greek Gods and Goddesses
Becraft, Andrew. "The Twelve Olympians."
3 July 2005. Web. 14 March 2011. <
Resources for Create Your Own Myth Project
Creating Your Own Greek Myth
An Introduction to Ancient Greece
- Click on the link "Plays for Middle School". This will take you to the section of the page where there are links to a number of plays. Don't forget to check the book resources too!
- A site from Scholastic. It is a guide to help you create your own myth.
Greek Mythology Games & Activities
Explore Greek Mythology
- Rick Riordan has a fun list on his website, scroll down to the games section.
Resources for Creating Your Myth
Your group can create your own images using TuxPaint
OR you can use existing pictures. Remember, just because something is posted on the Internet, doesn't mean you have permission to use it.
When you are using an image or video from the Internet there are different rules if you are using it as a part of a project in school and if you are going to re-post the work online.
Public Domain Images
Public Domain Pictures
Free Digital Photos
- Input a search term on the top right of the page OR browse by subject.
- Go to advanced image search --> go to usage rights -->select labeled for reuse
Want more? Check out this list of
copyright-friendly image resources
. Please note that the sites using flickr will not work at Highland.
A word of caution about searching for images. You may find paintings and artwork of the various Greek gods in which they are pictured nude as this is often the artistic style which they are represented.
- A resource from Odyssey online. Click on the blue hyperlinks to get more information on gods and goddesses. Also, the Egyptian creation story is linked. The site has a feature with audio that pronounces names.
Mythology Gallery Directory
- This site, created by artist Richard Deurer, includes lists and descriptions and gods and goddesses as well as retelling of several myths.
Egyptian Mythology from Encyclopedia Mythica
- This section lists articles about Egyptian Mythology. The articles are listed alphabetically on the left frame of the page.
The Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt
- A listing with a brief description of the power and symbols of the various gods from Egyptian Mythology.
Gods and Godesses
- From the British Museum, this site includes a story about the creation myth, listing of deities, and an interactive game.
. 26 Dec. 2007. Wikimedia Foundation. 29 April 2009. Web.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"